I am 13 and I don't know when the world will end. Will you please tell me when you think the world will end?
The world will end some day. In fact the Bible says it and the entire universe will burn up with fire. However, before that time, there are certain events that must take place:
1. Christ will return to remove His Church (Bride) from the earth (this is called the Rapture). (1 Corinthians 15:51-54; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18)
2. Next there will be seven years of tribulation (terrible times on earth), when God judges the nations for their wickedness throughout the generations. During this time the great battle of Armageddon will take place. (Revelation 5:14-18:24).
3. At the end of the seven years of tribulation Christ returns to the earth and stops the war and devastation. He cast all the wicked unbelievers into hell and begins a 1,000 year period of time where He will rebuild the earth making it beautiful and luscious. Christ will rule the entire earth from the city of Jerusalem for 1,000 years, which is called His Millennial Kingdom. (Revelation 19:1-20:6).
4. At the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ, He then destroys the entire universe. (Revelation 20:11; 2 Peter 3:12).
5. The Great White Throne Judgment takes place, where all the unbelievers of all ages are given their final sentence of eternal torment in the Lake of Fire. (Revelation 20:11-15).
6. Then God creates a NEW heaven and a NEW earth of Beauty and Bliss for His people (the Christians) and they will live with God and God with them for an eternity on the new Earth! (Revelation 21:1-22:5).
That's it in a nutshell--it is all true. None of the above listed events have taken place yet, but we are surely drawing closer every day. We are simply waiting for the Jesus to come back over the earth and to call out His Church to go home with Him in heaven.
Added to Bible Bulletin Board's "Tony Capoccia's Questions and Answers" by:
Bible Bulletin Board
Columbus, New Jersey, USA, 08022
Our websites: www.biblebb.com and www.gospelgems.com
Online since 1986